Days for Girls
- today Apr 29
North Metro Church
The women of NMC are partnering with Days for Girls, an organization that is passionate about bringing dignity to the development of young women around the world, increasing access to menstrual care and education by innovating sustainable solutions that shatter stigmas and limitations for women and girls. They do this by providing Days for Girls (DfG) kits filled with strategically sewn and washable cloth used for personal hygiene items.
This movement has reached more than one million women — and counting! With your help, we can reach every woman.
If you can’t be there to lend a hand, you can help in this effort by making a financial donation (each kit costs about $20) or by donating supplies. The supply list is below.
Supply bins are in the lobby during Women's Groups meeting times, and also available to drop off at the church office's reception desk Monday-Thursday between 8:30am-5:00pm.
Complimentary childcare is available with registration. Sign up by April 24 for childcare.
Critical Supplies Needed*
- Pre-washed flannel in dark/bright colors for the pads.
- Women's small or girls large cotton briefs in dark/bright colors.
Other Supplies Needed*
- Thread for sewing machines
- Thread for sergers 1/2 " or less gross grain ribbon
- Bright fun printed cotton fabric for bags(No faces, animals or camo)